|November 07, 2012|
Rokmaster Commences First Phase Exploration and Development on the Pinaya Project, Peru
(Vancouver, November 7, 2012) -- Rokmaster Resources Corp. ("Rokmaster") is pleased to announce that it has completed its initial work on the Pinaya Project. This included:
1. Five community meetings were held in the town of Pinaya where Rokmaster introduced itself as the new operator and optionee on the property and commenced negotiations for a new two year Community Relations Agreement. The meetings were well received and attended by a majority of the community members from the immediate and surrounding areas. The community was in support of Rokmaster and expressed their confirmation for positive and responsible exploration on the property.
2. Rokmaster has completed the transition of operatorship on the Pinaya Project from AM Gold. This included a review and integration of AM Gold's in-country personnel, the incorporation of a wholly owned Peruvian subsidiary of Rokmaster as required under Peruvian Law, and the establishment of the Peruvian office and management personnel of the subsidiary, Minera Pinaya Peru S.A.
3. Rokmaster has reviewed the existing core and has confirmed its integrity for use in re-check work as described below.
4. Rokmaster has met with various brokerage and sponsorship groups in Peru to initiate a listing on the Lima Bolsa. Rokmaster is now reviewing its options and will be proceeding with this listing in the near future.
Rokmaster is now in the process of initiating its Phase I program at Pinaya which commenced on November 1, 2012. After a review of available data, site visits and community consultations through October 2012, Rokmaster is initiating the following work programs to expand known resources and to search for new potential:
1. Planning and executing a property wide, 122 line kilometre (km) deep penetration Induced Polarization ("IP") survey overlapping the previous 20km shallow IP survey area;
2. Soil sampling for gold, silver and copper over untested areas;
3. Re-sampling and re-logging of historical drill core from the gold/silver rich shallow oxide and certain porphyry copper/gold zones and implementing an integrated Quality Assurance / Quality Control ("QA/QC") program for all sampling;
4. Planning and amending existing Category II permits to provide for a 66 HQ size hole, 2 phase, 15,000 metre, year-long diamond drill program focused on global resource expansion (see RKR News Release dated: July 17, 2012 and NI 43-101 Technical Report dated: July 26, 2012) and the expansion of near surface oxide-gold/silver rich zones with near term economic potential and a 5,000 lineal metre excavator trenching program;
5. Implementing Community Relations and Surface Land Access Agreements;
6. Interpreting existing property wide airborne geophysical data;
7. Expanding environmental impact studies; and
8. Identifying preliminary development scenarios to facilitate the design of suitable metallurgical and processing test work.
The above work will focus on outlining near surface gold-silver oxide resources, expanding existing copper-gold resources, searching for new porphyry occurrences and increasing the global tonnage of all existing porphyry related resources.
In addition, Rokmaster is pleased to announce that it has engaged Dr. James Oliver, Ph.D., P.Geo., of Oliver Geoscience Ltd., Kamloops, BC, Canada, to direct project geology for discovery of additional resources and Mark Rebagliati, P.Eng., of Rebagliati Geological Consulting Ltd. of Vancouver, BC, Canada, to design and implement the IP and QA/QC programs.
On behalf of the Board of Directors,
President and Chief Executive Officer
For further information, contact: John Mirko, President and Chief Executive Officer
Rokmaster Resources Corp.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
You can view the Next News item: Tue Dec 18, 2012, Rokmaster engages Seminario to act as sponsor for listing on the Lima Stock Exchange, Peru
You can view the Previous News item: Thu Oct 4, 2012, Rokmaster Announces Additions to its Board Of Directors and Engages Investor Relations Consultant
You can return to the main News page, or press the Back button on your browser.